Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaNorth Moravia-SilesiaTřeboň RegionUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN

Church monuments

Map


Search results Export data for GPS device in GPX format

Church monuments Church monuments.

  • basket Church of Our Lady Auxiliary
    Church of Our Lady Auxiliary. The church replaced the original chapel. In 1955, it was forbidden by state administration to access the pilgrimage site due to mining. This decision launched the devastation of the entire pilgrimage complex. In 1968, repairs began on the church, but in November 1973 it was blasted. In 1990, an initiative was established to renew the pilgrimage site...
    Telephone: 584425916
    Address: č.p. 170, Zlaté Hory
  • basket (Anenský vrch s kostelem sv. Anny) - pilgrimage site
    (Anenský vrch s kostelem sv. Anny) - pilgrimage site. A popular place for a long time now for Sunday meetings, particularly the youth from the parish and its surroundings. Due to the increasing number of pilgrims, a large, honourable church from stone was built in 1770. In 1970, pilgrimages were forbidden and the place began to deteriorate. The pilgrimages have been renewed since 2002.
    Telephone: 554273110
    Address: Andělská Hora
  • basket (Bazilika Navštívení Panny Marie)
    (Bazilika Navštívení Panny Marie). Late Gothic, double tower, single-nave building. Later on a 60 m high tower was added. There are 6 chapels with altars on opposite sides of the nave.In the 1990s, it was completely reconstructed.
    Telephone: 731625682
    Address: Mariánské náměstí, Frýdek-Místek
  • basket Chapel of St. Cyril and Methodius
    Chapel of St. Cyril and Methodius. A chapel built in the Byzantine manner in 1898, with sculpture of missionaries Cyril and Method, who visited this place according to the ancient lore. There is a bronze sculpture of SS. Cyril and Method by Albín Polášek from 1931 in front of the chapel.
    Telephone: 556835022
    Address: Trojanovice
  • basket Cathedral of the Divine Saviour
    Cathedral of the Divine Saviour. Triple-nave Neo-Renaissance basilica with two 67 m high towers, which is the second largest cathedral in Moravia and Silesia (Gustav Meretta is the author of the project).
    Telephone: 776098787
    Address: Náměstí Msgre Šrámka, Ostrava
  • basket Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
    Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The Gothic parish church was built in place of a Romanesque church in the 14th century. It is a brick building with two steeples, with the higher one topped by a Baroque cupola.
    Telephone: 733307117, 733529923
    Address: Opava
  • basket Church of the Ascension of the Holy Father
    Church of the Ascension of the Holy Father.
    Telephone: 731625819
    Address: Petrovice u Karviné, Dolní Marklovice
  • basket Church of the Holy Trinity
    Church of the Holy Trinity. Monumental Baroque cathedral built on the site of a former Gothic church. Single-nave, interconnected with the Gothic cloister, which has become a part of the lower level of the parish.
    Telephone: 556740122, 733676633
    Address: Kostelní 111, Fulnek
  • basket Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
    Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. Single-nave Neo-Gothic church, which has two slender Gothic towers (67 m high), built according to the project by Camille Sitte. The layout of the church is formed by a cloister.
    Telephone: 555130507
    Address: náměstí Svatopluka Čecha, Ostrava - Přívoz
  • basket Church of St. Catherine - wooden church
    Church of St. Catherine - wooden church. The original church dates back to 1564. In 2002 it was completely destroyed by fire. A copy was consecrated aready in the autumn of 2004. It is a type of Silesian wooden single-aisle church made from larch tree wood, surrounded by a small cemetery.
    Telephone: 596735061
    Address: Ostrava
  • basket Church of St Peter and Paul - wooden church
    Church of St Peter and Paul - wooden church. The Baroque timber-framed church is a true gem. It is from 1730. The church with a tower and Late Gothic bell most probably stands on the foundations of a previous structure and is the only preserved wooden church in the Hlučín and Opava Region.
    Telephone: 739344034
    Address: Hněvošice
  • basket Church of St. Prokop and St. Barbara - wooden church
    Church of St. Prokop and St. Barbara - wooden church. Building structure originally from Carpathian Russia, transferred here during the First Republic. Originally Orthodox, but re-consecrated and reconstructed into the present day form. In terms of architecture, at first sight, three terraced towers grab your attention.
    Telephone: 556850494, 737259347
    Address: Kunčice pod Ondřejníkem
  • basket Virgin Mary in the Rocks - pilgrimage site
    A legend about the Virgin Mary is connected with the source of water, which springs directly from the rocks. It is said that she saved a Swedish soldier from dying of thirst during the 30 Years War.
    Address: Spálov
  • searched records: 13

Offer for:

Newsletter

Do noy click on this link or else you will be banned!