Holiday in the CR:CZeCOTTourmapsEast BohemiaNorth Moravia-SilesiaTřeboň RegionUNESCOCzech inspirationActive holidayTimetablesGEOFUN

Ruins, city fortifications

Map


Search results Export data for GPS device in GPX format

Ruins, city fortifications Ruins, city fortifications.

  • basket Šance historical fortification - remains of a fortification
    Šance historical fortification - remains of a fortification. The rests of this medieval fortification, which were built against Turkish and Tatar´s raids were later used during 30 years war and against a rise of the Hungarians.
    Address: Mosty u Jablunkova
  • basket Starý Jičín - castle ruins
    Starý Jičín - castle ruins. The old castle from the beginning of the 13th century was later rebuilt into a Renaissance residence. When the owners built a new castle nearby the old place was abandoned and in the 19th century it became a ruin. The castle is currently being reconstructed.
    Telephone: 602320577
    Address: Starý Jičín
  • basket Hukvaldy - castle ruins
    Hukvaldy - castle ruins. A large fortified castle from the half of the 13th century withstood many attacks and sieges. It was abandoned in the 18th century and afterwards it burned down. Today the romantic ruin attracts many cultural events. In the game park under the castle you can see fallow deer and moufflons. The composer Leoš Janáček was born here.
    Telephone: 558699323, 731 660 808, 604 618 144
    Address: Hukvaldy
  • basket Edelštejn - castle ruins
    Edelštejn - castle ruins. Gold was mined in the region surrounding Gold Hill for some time after the end of the 13th century. Mines with rich deposits required reliable defences, which were guaranteed by Eldštějn Castle. It was founded by the Vratislav diocese and its subsequent owners were the Přemysls of Opava, followed by Jiří of Poděbrad. In 1474 it changed hands to Vratislav’s...
    Address: Zlaté Hory
  • basket Fulštejn - castle ruins
    Fulštejn - castle ruins. Ruins of a medieval castle with a tall fragment of a Gothic-Renaissance palace, with the remains of the ramparts, bastions, a cylindrical tower and foundation walls. Its history began when it was founded by Herbort of Fulme in the mid-13th century. Since the end of the Thirty Years’ War, after the attack of the Swedes, the Fulštejn name has not been...
    Address: Bohušov
  • basket Fürstenwalde - castle ruins
    Fürstenwalde - castle ruins. Scant remains of fortification and castle watchtower on the medieval border of the Opava principality. It was evidently demolished in the 15th century, when the country was at war with Matyáš Korvín’s forces.
    Address: Vrbno
  • basket Hlučín - mediaeval fortifications
    Hlučín - mediaeval fortifications. Relatively extensive remains of a medieval fortification, mainly built in 1534, which are the only proof within the territory of the district and belong among the oldest preserved monuments of the city. Even though the walls were torn down in 1829, their preserved remains are proof of the fortification.
    Address: Hlučín
  • basket Clock tower
    Clock tower. It never fulfilled the function of a medieval castle lookout. It was completed within the scope of the construction of the pseudo-Gothic premises of the Red Chateau. It is 35 m tall from the levl of the courtyard. A wind vane in the form of a rooster rotates on its conical tower. The outer diameter of the tower is 6 metres. 99 steps with two landings...
    Telephone: 602947904
    Address: Hradec nad Moravicí
  • basket Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins
    Klenov (Freundsberg) - castle ruins. Supposedly it was built by the Templars at the beginning of the 14th century.
    Address: Bystřička
  • basket Leuchtenštejn - castle ruins
    Leuchtenštejn - castle ruins. The remains of a tower and fortification of a medieval castle that was evidently one of the defensive outposts on the border of the Vratislav diocese in the 13th century.
    Address: Zlaté Hory
  • basket Nový Jičín - mediaeval fortifications
    Nový Jičín - mediaeval fortifications. Of the city’s ramparts, part of the Gothic fortification and, above all, a polygonal bastion dating back to 1614 are well-preserved.
    Address: Nový Jičín
  • basket Rabenštejn - castle ruins
    Rabenštejn - castle ruins. Only a fragment of a square tower on a rock remains as the reminder of a medieval castle. Its ground plan is relatively small, making it likely that Rabenštejn was only an outpost of nearby Veisenštejn. In addition to this, it was evidently part of the line of castles on the border of the Vratislav diocese, built in the mid-13th century.
    Address: Vrbno pod Pradědem
  • basket Rabštejn - castle ruins
    Rabštejn - castle ruins. The ruins of a stronghold built around the turn of the 13th and 14th century on a jagged hilltop have probably the highest altitude of all Moravian castles (805 m). According to documents the last owners left the place at the end of the 17th century.
    Address: Oskava, Bedřichov
  • basket Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins
    Rožnov pod Radhoštěm - ruins. It was established by the Olomouc Bishop Bruno of Šaumburk. At the beginning of the 16th century, the western palace was renovated in Renaissance style. In 1539, it was tonr down, however the fortification was still maintained. The castle was completely destroyed at the beginning of the 18th century under the rule of the Žerotíns.
    Address: Rožnov pod Radhoštěm
  • basket Šostýn - ruins
    Šostýn - ruins. Preserved moat and rampart, remains of walls, the palace and castle towers from the 13th century, established by Count Jindřich of Schornstein. It was destroyed in the 15th century during the march of the Hussites.
    Address: Kopřivnice
  • basket Guard tower
    Guard tower. Entry gate with a walkway and original historical winch on the 1st floor.
    Telephone: 602947904
    Address: Hradec nad Moravicí
  • basket Swedish wall
    Swedish wall. The most distinct part of the Krnov fortification, which has remained preserved to the present. It was named after its enemies, who besieged Krnov during the Thirty Years War.
    Address: Krnov
  • basket Vartnov - castle remains
    Vartnov - castle remains. Ruins of the fortification and peripheral walls of a building and a moat – much of the fortress, built in the 14th century and damaged by Matyáš Korvín’s troops, has been preserved.
    Address: Brumovice, Pocheň
  • basket Vikštejn - castle ruins
    Vikštejn - castle ruins. A large ruin of a stronghold from the first half of the 13th century built on the steep bank of the Moravice river. It was plundered in 1474 and blown up by the Emperor’s troops in 1648, but always reconstructed again. It was abandoned only at the end of the 18th century; it is documented as desolate in 1775.
    Address: Vítkov, Podhradí
  • basket Vildštejn - castle ruins
    Vildštejn - castle ruins. The medieval castle protects its neighbourhood from a promontory. It was large for its time (from the end of the 13th to the 15th century). Today stand only eroded bulwarks and remains of walls and probably a tower.
    Address: Budišov nad Budišovkou
  • basket Adolfovice - remains of a fortress
    Remains of a medieval fortress on a hillock overgrown with a beech forest
    Address: Bělá pod Pradědem, Adolfovice
  • basket Alfrédka - former mountain chalet
    Originally a mountain chalet, which burnt down and only remnants of the foundation can be found. Alfredka belonged among the oldest well-known hunting chalets in the Jesenik Mountains.
    Address:
  • basket Arnoltovice - castle ruins
    The castle was apparently built by Jiří of Arnoltovic. It was abandoned until 1504. Only terrain remains have been conserved.
    Address: Valašské Meziříčí
  • basket Baška - remains of a fortification
    It was most probably a smaller fortress, which apparently consisted of a residential building, perhaps of tower character, surrounded by walls or a wooden palisade along the perimeters of the central area. The building or buildings in the core were apparently made from a light wooden structure, at maximum on a certain type of reinforced foundation.
    Address: Baška
  • basket Bělá - fortress ruins
    The fortress stood on the eastern side of the municipality below the hill with a farmstead, established after 1426 by Jan of Bělé.
    Address: Bělá
  • basket Bítov - fortress ruins
    Terrain signs of a fortress of the Bitovsky family. In 1992, fragments of ceramics were found dating from the 2nd half of the 14th century, or the 1st half of the 15th century.
    Address: Bítov
  • basket Bruntál - mediaeval fortifications
    Bruntál - mediaeval fortifications. Well-preserved section of fortification with bastions. Historical ramparts date back to the beginning of the 16th century.
    Address: Bruntál
  • basket Bruzovice - remains of a fortress
    Terrain remains of a small medieval ersidence. The central plain of the location has a square layout with a noticeable edge of a mound raised above the area by 1.5 m on the northeast and south east sides.
    Address: Bruzovice
  • basket Burkvíz (Luginsland) - castle remains
    Little remains of this castle with a vague history. Archaeological discoveries date its origins back to the 14th or 15th century. A moat and ramparts border the circular ground plan where some brickwork still remains.
    Address: Město Albrechtice
  • basket Cvilín (Šelenburk, Lobenštejn) - castle ruins
    Cvilín (Šelenburk, Lobenštejn) - castle ruins. Ruins of a Gothic castle with a tall fragment of the tower and preserved fortification, cellars, and sections of the walls. The castle was founded by the Benešovic clan in the first half of the 13th century. In 1474 it was taken by Matyáš Korvín’s troops; however, it was later reconstructed. In the 16th century it became a hunter’s lodge, but by the...
    Address: Krnov
  • basket Děrné - fortress ruins
    When the fortress was built remains unknown, but the local lords most likely resided here at the beginning of the 14th century. In 1371, Smil of Brandys' name is mentioned, who held the position of burgrave at the castle Hukvald.
    Address: Fulnek, Děrné
  • basket Deštné - chateau ruin
    At the turn of the 18th century, when the municipality was in the ownership of Karel Ferdinand of Serc, the fortress was gradually rebuilt into a Baroque chateau. It was owned by Count Renard from 1761.
    Address: č.p. 1, Jakartovice, Deštné
  • basket Dětřichovice u Příbora - castle remains
    The small castle apparently still existed in the 15th century. The remains of the small castle are located within the territory of the municpality Lubina. Its establishment is dated back to the turn of the 14th century. Only terrain remains have been preserved.
    Address: Kopřivnice, Lubina
  • basket Dobrá - remains of a fortress
    Terrain remains of an original fort which served as a ruling residence for the Vlček family (15th - 16th century).
    Address: Dobrá
  • basket Dolní Marklovice - fortress ruins
    Terrain remains of a water fort, which was established by Vaclav and Stanislav of Marklovice in the 14th century.
    Address: Petrovice u Karviné, Dolní Marklovice
  • basket Dolní Životice - remains of a fortification
    Terrain remains of a water fortress most probably the beginning of the 13th century.
    Address: Dolní Životice
  • basket Dorňák's Hill - castle remains
    Distinct remains of a fortification, the core of which is created by a square platform 50 x 50 m in dimension, surrounded by a 4 m deep moat and mound (only on the north and east side, where the mound is damaged or intentionally interrupted).
    Address: Bílovec
  • basket Drakov - castle remains
    Remains of a guard castle on a rather small, remote block of rock on the left bank of the Cerna Opava River, nearby Drakov. Only terrain signs, primarily stone work rock and regular, rectangular shaped cut space on the surface of the rock.
    Address: Heřmanovice
  • basket Frýdberk - remains of a fortress
    As the regional residence of the Stange family, the fort apparently served for colonisation activities in Mistek at the end of the 13th century. At the same time it created a supportive point and provided protection to the market village, which was formed by the fortified walls in front of the fort. It was most likely abandoned at the beginning of the...
    Address: Frýdek-Místek
  • basket Frýdlant - remains of a fortress
    It apparently was established at the turn of the 14th century as a power base of the Olomouc episcopate on the Moravian side of the river, across from Těšín. The small castle soon ceased to serve its function and was abandoned at the turn of the 15th century.
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí
  • basket Hodslavice - remains of a fortress
    Only the central, manmade motte remains conserved to the present, which was created by piling up the earth from digging the round moat. Further, several almost invisible terrain edges remain, which suggest the scope of the former moat and mound.
    Address: Hodslavice
  • basket Horní Domaslavice - chateau ruin
    Grohman built the Hornodomaslavicky chateau at the end of the 18th century. At the beginning of the 20th century it was in the ownership of the Baron of Mattencloit. The storeyed building with a rectangular layout had a mansard roof and farmstead buildings nearby. Only minor remanis of walls have been preserved.
    Address: Horní Domaslavice
  • basket (Hrad Burkvíz) - ruins
    Address: Hošťálkovy
  • basket Hrádek nad Olší - remains of a guard castle
    The small castle first just served as a boderland fortress. In the 16th century, a village settlement was established in the area around the former fortification. Only terrain signs remain.
    Address: Hrádek
  • basket Castle hill - fortress ruins
    Terrain signs of a fortress, where once the Lords of Kravar most likely resided. Its existance can be dated from the end of the 13th century to the middle of the 15th century.
    Address: Bílovec
  • basket Jur's stone - remains of a small castle and statue
    The small castle has an unusual position on the edge of a steep rock cliff. The small castle is created from an oval to egg-shaped mound with dimensions of 20 x 16 metres, which was surrounded on three of the accessible sides by a 10 m wide moat partially in the rock. A monument to Bedřich Smetana is placed on the surface of the small castle.
    Address: Štramberk
  • basket Karpentná - castle remains
    Preserved terrain signs of a medieval fortification.
    Address: Bystřice
  • basket Koberštejn - castle ruins
    Koberštejn - castle ruins. Castle ruins on a hillside over the valley of the Černá Opava River. Only assumptions can be made about its origins and its destruction. It may have originated as a defensive outpost on the border of the Vratislav diocese. Its destruction is connected with the battle between Jiřího z Poděbrad and Matyáš Korvín that took place in the 15th century. Today...
    Address: Jeseník
  • basket Kružberk - castle remains
    Kružberk - castle remains. The castle was apparently established by the Lords of Dolní Životice at the beginning of the 14th century. It was destroyed by the middle of the 15th century. A small part of the walls have been preserved.
    Address: Kružberk
  • basket Kunčice nad Ostravicí - chateau ruin
    Classicist chateau built by the owner of the estate Eva Čelovna of Čechovice. It received its present day Classicist look in the 18th century and the 1st half of the 19th century.
    Address: Ostrava, Kunčice
  • basket Landek - castle ruins
    Landek - castle ruins. The castle most likely was established during the reign of King Přemysl Otakar II., some time at the beginning of the 2nd half of the 13th century. In 1518 it was already mentioned as abandoned.
    Address: Ostrava
  • basket Lískovec - castle remains
    The establishment of Liskovice is dated back to around the 2nd half of the 14th century or the beginning of the 15th. Opinions exist that Liskovice was an allodium estate held in the ownership of an unknown owner. Only terrain indications remain.
    Address: Frýdek-Místek, Lískovec
  • basket Lubno - castle remains
    The first records of the manor's existence are reports from the 17th century. F. Gřunděl states that according to the entry in the terrier of 1660, a fort or hunting chateau was to have stood on Zámčisky in Lubna. Only terrain traces remain.
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí, Lubno
  • basket Malá Štáhle - fortress ruins
    Considering the way it looks and its location, the castle could have served as a defensive fortress guarding the crossing point on the Moravice River, situated on what was most probably once a historical road joining Silesia and Moravia, more precisely Bruntál and Uničov already in the 13th century.
    Address: Malá Štáhle
  • basket Moravský Beroun - castle remains
    Small remains of a castle situated on a distinct elevation in the western part of Moravian Beroun, on the so-called Cross Hill.
    Address: Moravský Beroun
  • basket Myslík - castle remains
    Remains of a minor medieval fortress. The actual rock core is small (22 and 12 m axis), only a maximum of one building could stand here.
    Address: Palkovice, Myslík
  • basket Návsí - castle remains
    Distinct terrain remains of a small castle, which is dated as belonging to the period from the 13th to 15th century.
    Address: Návsí
  • basket Nová Ves - castle remains
    Novoves castle was established as one of many borderland fortifications protecting shallow crossing points along the river Ostravice between the territory of Moravia of the Olomouc archbishop and Silesian Těšín's princedom. The castle was built at the turn of the 14th century. The castle apparently did not serve for long and was most probably already...
    Address: Frýdlant nad Ostravicí
  • basket Perná - remains of a fortress
    The place can be marked as almost non-existant, perhaps only a few small terrain signs on the southern and eastern side. However, it's existence has was clearly confirmed by archaeological excavations in the 1970s.
    Address: Lešná, Perná
  • basket Polouvsí - fortress ruins
    The first mention of the local fortress dates back to 1464. The village, as a part of the Drahotušsky estate was already recorded in writing in 1371, when it belonged to the brothers of Drahotuš and later on to the Margrave Jan Jindřich.
    Address: Jeseník nad Odrou, Polouvsí
  • basket Přerovec - castle remains
    The history of the castle is first mentioned in records from as far back as 1492. However, the beginnings of the castle apparently reach even further back to the 14th century, perhaps even the 13th, which can be proven by the castle layout and objects that have been found here. In 1756, Přerovec castle is referred to as abandoned.
    Address: Opava, Suché Lazce
  • basket Příluky - remains of a fortress
    The fortress was already built in the middle of the 14th century.
    Address: Lešná, Příluky
  • basket Pržno - remains of fortress
    Only an irregular oval mound remains of the fort standing over above the Paléskový Stream.
    Address: Pržno
  • basket Pulčín - castle ruins
    Remains of a Medieval rock castle with staircases carved into the rok. It belonged to the Cimburks from 1446. It was torn down in the 15th century.
    Address: Pulčín
  • basket Pustý zámek (Veisenštejn) - castle remains
    Ruins of what was evidently a 13th century military outpost, protecting the border of the Vratislav diocese. The castle stood atop the steep rocky shores of White Stream. Today, the discernible remains of structures and fortification walls can be seen on this spot.
    Address: Vrbno pod Pradědem
  • basket Quinburk (Sokolí) - castle ruins
    Medieval remains of what was most likely a gatekeepers’ castle on the border of the Vratislav diocese. The architect used elements of the rocky terrain as a natural defence system. Distinct peripheral walls and individual towers are part of the castle’s ground plan.
    Address: Vrbno pod Pradědem
  • basket Řepiště - castle remains
    Terrain suggestions of a castle founded by the German family Baruth at the turn of the 14th century.
    Address: Řepiště
  • basket Rešov - castle ruins
    The castle was most probably built in the second half of the 13th cnetury. It was located on the border of the manor, bishopry and private property. Considering the assumed guard and protective functions, it was most probably built on the incentive of a the manor owner. In the 14th century, the entire surroundings belonged to Rabštejn, and at the time...
    Address: Horní Město, Rešov
  • basket Ruin of St. Anne's Chapel
    Preserved chapel with a tower and enclosure wall in the abandoned settlement Hutov.
    Address: Jiříkov
  • basket Rychaltice - fortress ruins
    Terrain signs of a fortification from 1554. The fort most likely was abandoned at the end of the 16th century.
    Address: Hukvaldy, Rychaltice
  • basket Štandl - remains of a castle
    The peak of the hill and even the castle core was surrounded from all sides by a deep oval trench with a raised mound.
    Address: Frýdek-Místek
  • basket Stará Bělá - fortress ruins
    The fortress could have been built during the course of the 14th century by the brothers Smil and Hynek of Frýdlant or Anežka of Bělá, one of Smil's daughters, together with her husband Dyk of Koberič, who owned a smaller part of Old Bělá.
    Address: Krmelín
  • basket Staré Šance - ruins
    Address:
  • basket Šternek - castle ruins
    Of the former medieval stronghold of unknown history today remain only ramparts and parts of the external walls, and a moat carved in the rock.
    Address: Leskovec nad Moravicí
  • basket Stonava - fortress ruins
    Old fortress in Stonova, most likely built in the 14th century. The fortification is created by a manmade mound, a 6 m tall hill. Locals refer to the site of the fortress as the Swedish Hill.
    Address: Stonava
  • basket Strálek - castle remains
    Strálek was established on the borderland of the property of the Olomouc bishop some time around 1280. The history of the castle was not very famous and did not last very long. Relatively early on, around 1320, it was already seized and partially burnt down for unknown reasons, and completely abandoned in the 2nd half of the 14th century.
    Address: Rýmařov
  • basket Studénka - fortress ruins
    Terrain remains of a medieval fort - round elevated mounds in the chateau park.
    Address: Studénka
  • basket Švédská skála - castle remains
    The Swedish Rock near Spálova supposedly served as a fortified borderland point, which was intended to prevent the enemy from attacking from the north through Červenka Valley and thus the enemy could not continue on to Olomouc. The little castle most probably ceased to exist due to a fire.
    Address: Heřmánky
  • basket Velká Polom - fortress ruins
    Velká Polom - fortress ruins. 15th century Renaissance water fortress. It was reconstructed in 1573 into its present day form. It was abandoned in the beginning of the 18th century and then reconstructed into a granary in around 1800.
    Address: Velká Polom
  • basket Velké Albrechtice - remains of a water fort
    Islet with a pond, which is the remains of a defensive water moat. The fortress was built to defend merchant routes leading to the Bilovka Valley (13th-14th century). It ceased to exist at the end of the 15th century.
    Address: Velké Albrechtice
  • basket Vratimov - castle remains
    Terrain remains of a 13th century guard castle.
    Address: Vratimov
  • basket Vrchy - fortress ruins
    The former fortress apparently took up an area of approx. 50 x 40 m and it is possible to assume that it was connected with the farmstead on the west side of the premises. All that remains of the hillock of the fortress is its northern edge and the outline of the mound is also still visible on the terain in the north and east part.
    Address: Vrchy
  • basket Zátor - castle remains
    Sparse ruins of walls and a defensive moat are the only remains of this 14th century castle. Matyáš Korvín’s soldiers put an end to its existence in 1474.
    Address: Zátor
  • basket Závada - castle remains
    The municipality of Závada was already mentioned in 1349. It belonged to the Lords of Drahotuš, who most probably had a well fortified fortress here. The opponents were forced to join the Hussites during the Hussite Wars, in which they fought to seize the fortress. In 1999, during the anniversary of the municipality, the fortress was made more attractive...
    Address: Závada
  • basket Závišice - fortress ruins
    The local fortress was first mentioned in written records in 1481, it was abandoned in the middle of the 16th century. Only small remains of the walls have been conserved.
    Address: Závišice
  • basket Zbyslavice - fortress ruins
    Terrain remains of a fortress. No visible signs of wall or other structural remains can be found. The core itself is rather broken up. The fortress was established apparently before 1359 by Vojslav of Zbyslavice.
    Address: Zbyslavice
  • basket Ruins of a stone bridge
    One of the last remains after the original modifications to the chateau park, is the ruins of the original Baroque bridge in the chateau park.
    Address: Dobroslavice
  • basket Ruins of St. Mary's Chapel
    Address:
  • searched records: 88

Offer for:

Newsletter

Do noy click on this link or else you will be banned!